3rd Annual Milonga: Tango Fever – UW Tango Club
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Gould Hall, UW Campus
Event Link http://www.uwtangoclub.com/#!milongas/cjg9
Event Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1105689079462583/
Video Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByEmnSrW_M
O LIVE music
– Trio Garufa from San Francisco
O DJ and Performer
– Dominic Bridge from Portland
– Dominic Bridge and Rebekah Mitchell
– UW Tango Performance Team
O FREE Beginner Tango Class
– Teach by our beloved Koa Hons and Jennifer Bruner
– Bring your friends, roommates, and everyone you know to the world of TANGO!
O FREE Intermediate Class
– Teach by our lovely Michelle Badion
– Are you ready to bring your dance moves to another level!
O Shoes Table
– Beautiful shoes from Audrey Rajoria (Pooja)
O Photo Booth
– Wear your most daring outfit. They are destined to Shine!
– Professional photographers and lighting system.
O Parking: the central garage at UW, as well as parking lots W-14 and W-12 will be free from Saturday evening until Sunday morning.
The area of NE 40th St and University Way NE or Brooklyn Ave NE should have plenty parking spaces.
If you have never been to the UW Tango Club’s events, check out our photos from previous events on our website!
7:00PM – 8:30PM – Class
8:30PM – 3:00AM – Milonga
……..Live Music by Trio Garufa
Two sets at 9:00pm – 10:00pm and 11:00pm – 12:00am
……..DJ Dominic Bridge
10:40PM – Performance
PRICE & TICKETS
————-Early Bird (Before May 21)—————-At the door
Students (valid ID)_______$15_________________$20
O Early Bird Online Registration (End on Saturday, May 21, 2016)
O At the Door:
– We will accept CREDIT/DEBIT CARD or CASH or CHECK.
– If you are UW Tango Club members or UW students, please present your student ID or membership card at entrance.
O Paper Ticket?
– This year we want to save some trees so we go paperless.
O SPECIAL Early Bird
– For Student Only: We offer 30% DISCOUNT for a group of 10 or more.
– Please make reservation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Full Name and Student ID of each members of the group.
Tango Fever is the biggest annual tango dance event on campus offered by the Tango Club at University of Washington. For one night only, you will have the chance to experience the Argentine tango dance on gorgeous wooden floor with Live music from the internationally well-known live band Trio Garufa and DJ Dominic Bridge.
During the first hour and a half of the event, we offer free beginner class to encourage students and staff of different majors, fields, and interests to participate in this social dance. Happening concurrently with the beginner class, the intermediate class is a great learning opportunity for experienced dancers.
The performance by our special guest Dominic Bridge will let you discover the countless possibilities of the tango dance.
Amazing music, great wooden floor, open-space, well-designed venue, cozy atmosphere, friendly people and good food – Come and dance your night away!
Please also check out more information of the event on our new fancy webpage at www.uwtangoclub.com
This event is brought to you by the UW Tango Club: igniting the intimacy between strangers since 2010. We aspire to build a bridge between college tango dancers and the Seattle tango community by providing the best tango experience for all members.
Dance, laugh, and grow with us!
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
* Tango Fever 2016 is honored to be sponsored by ASUW, EXCO, GPSS, ECC, HUB, and the University of Washington.
* The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Service Office at least then day in advance by phone at 206.543.6450, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264/FAX, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* We are welcoming people from all backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders and hold no discrimination towards any group.
Please contact us immediately if you encounter any unpleasant experience either through email email@example.com or contact our president directly at (703) 980-2649.
* The views expressed at this program are not necessarily those of the Ethnic Cultural Center, Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity, Associated Students of the University of Washington (ASUW), the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS), and the Services and the Activities Fee Committee.